sane psycho

a blog about the insane babblings of a frustrated shrink turned lunatic

 
About Me
Name: dyeni
Home: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
About Me: the contents of this blog pretty much sums up who i am...blog on folks!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
My Blogs of Note, in Other Words My Friends' Blogs
Sites I Visit Religiously
The Holy Grail of Blogheads
Other Crap You Could Check Out
Got Something to Say?
Survivors
Current Peeping-Toms
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Night at the Movies
Friday, January 19, 2007
Its been a while since I've done movie reviews and I miss doing movie reviews!
So I'm gonna go and do one while I'm in the mood...


NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM


I have yet to find a pic of Ben Stiller and a monkey in a slap-fight, which for me was one of the funniest moments in the film. I guess Ben Stiller being ripped apart by "The Huns" is the next best pic there is.
Night At The Museum is a kiddie film with a crappy "never quit!" moral but it has just enough physical comedy to keep us grown-ups (?) laughing. And it is so refreshing to see Robin Williams in a comedy again! I missed him! And as usual, Ben Stiller's better-half Owen Wilson is also in the movie.
I liked this movie coz its been a while since I've personally seen a movie that I enjoyed w/c is not based on a book or graphic novel or a remake of another movie.
It's the perfect one to see that would help you escape the horrors of reality even just for an hour and a half.


LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE


After seeing Steve Carrell in Bruce Almighty and 40-year Old Virgin it was difficult for me to absorb seeing him in a serious role, a gay, suicidal, formerly successful ex-professor. Weird. The movie was a drag for me at first but after a while things started to get interesting.
It was like the real life version of the Lemony Snickett books coz all of the characters go from one tragedy to another before reaching their ultimate goal...getting their youngest member, "Olive" to the Little Miss Sunshine beauty pageant. They do get to the pageant, only for "Olive" to showcase a horrific talent (trust me, its one of those scenes that make you wince and laugh at the same time).
Cute ending though.
All in all, it was a case of family, no matter how insane, always sticks together.



STRANGER THAN FICTION


Haven't seen this yet movie since it would just be shown next week unless of course I get my hands on an "advanced" (eh! who am i kidding? PIRATED!) copy of the movie. From the previews though it looks like something I'd like.
Its Will Ferrell! I dare you to show me a Will Ferrell movie that I wouldn't like!
Anyway, basically the movie is about 2 main characters, Emma Thompsons character, an out-of-ideas fiction writer who always ends up killing her main characters and Will Ferrells character, a neurotic, obssesive-compulsive, who, one day starts hearing Emma Thompsons voice in his head, narrating everything he does.
I don't really know the ending but I promise to blog about it when I do.

That's it for now!
posted by dyeni @ 8:29 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Must-See TV
I Command You To Check These Out!
Songs for the Moment

© 2006 sane psycho .Template by Isnaini Dot Com