sane psycho

a blog about the insane babblings of a frustrated shrink turned lunatic

 
About Me
Name: dyeni
Home: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
About Me: the contents of this blog pretty much sums up who i am...blog on folks!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
My Blogs of Note, in Other Words My Friends' Blogs
Sites I Visit Religiously
The Holy Grail of Blogheads
Other Crap You Could Check Out
Got Something to Say?
Survivors
Current Peeping-Toms
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Decision, decisions...
Sunday, September 18, 2005

Man! It is tough being a grown up! I tell yah, if I had a choice, I would be a kid forever.

As a kid the hardest decision you would have to make was what toy you should play with for the day or what cartoon show you should watch (still a tough decision I have to make daily when I'm choosing between a Nickelodeon or Disney show).

Then came college... the time to decide which course to take that would help mold and shape you into the kind of person you have to be to get that dream job that you will be doing for the rest of your working lives.

And what do I pick? Industrial Psychology!

Stupid course! Industrial Psychology?! What is that?! Its not even definite! It is, in my opinion, probably the safest course there is to choose for people who don't know what they want to do with their lives! For example, ME!

I chose my course because I didn't know what I wanted, thinking that maybe later on I would know what I finally wanted and decide to shift to another course and focus on something else, something other than my course. One year turned to four years of indecisiveness and I ended up graduating with a degree in Industrial Psychology. And apparently I was good at it because they even gave me a "with distinction" medal, a medal for not knowing exactly what I want to do with my life. Nice.

Why couldn't colleges and universities just stick to the basics?! Education if you wanted to be a teacher, Medicine if you wanted to be a doctor, Law if you wanted to be a lawyer... There! They should just stick to those 3 choices so no matter what we choose among those 3 we still have great professions!

Why must they complicate life with stupid, useless, highfaluting course names when everyone who graduates with degrees from these so-called courses, ends up working for a call center?!

Oh well, can't turn back time now can we?!

And now comes the workplace, where every single thing that you decide, every move that you make could either make you or break you.

Right now a lot of the decisions I have to make involves the question "Should I stay or should I go?"

"Should I stay in the nightshift forever (lesser calls, more vcds to watch, lesser calls, less stress, no uniform, lesser calls... and did I mention lesser calls) or should I go back to the dayshift and transfer to a different team (more knowledge which would make me more bankable, I get to see my friends again, I get to see the sun again)?"

"Should I stay in my current job and die a measly CSO or should I go out into the world again and risk all the security and compensation that I already have to apply for a different more appealing job that I would be much more satisfied and happy with?"

"Should I stay and be satisfied w/ being just an employee or should I go back to school to take up most probably a journalism course (my dream course) and move on to bigger and better things?"

Aaaarrrrggghhh! Head exploding! Veins popping!

Sigh… Don't mind me. This is just me rambling on about the current contents of my brain. I'll sort this out somehow.

Later.
posted by dyeni @ 10:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Must-See TV
I Command You To Check These Out!
Songs for the Moment

© 2006 sane psycho .Template by Isnaini Dot Com