| THE Most Harassing 3-day rest days EVER!
| Monday, June 13, 2005
|Thank God for this blog! This is my only outlet right now...
I have been (and I'm still going through) the most tiring weekend of my life.
My mom is currently in a hospital resting. She just had her gall stones removed. If that isn't bad enough, she also has diabetes so healing will be twice as difficult for her.
And to top it all off! My father decided to get a fever at the same time!
These are the times I HATE being an only child!
My mother, still high on anesthesia and pain killers, would wake up every now and then, give out insane orders to no one in particular and would start snoring almost immediately.
my mother (somewhere under the harry potter blanket)
My father, stubborn and martyr as he was, refused to bring a sweater, when he knew that it would be FREEZING (the ice cream i brought did not melt the entire time I was there)in the hospital room. Ayun! Nilagnat! Bwisit! Tinabunan ko tuloy ng sandamakmak na kumot! Then I gave him a million drugs, so now both he and my mother were high.
my father (somewhere under all the blankets)
Good thing my tita's were there to help out. They provided the food and noise.
The most memorable thing for me so far during the hospital stay, I experienced right outside the hospital. There was this dude who would ask for money from anyone who would pass him. But this dude was not your typical beggar who would just hold out his hand to ask for money, he would, at the same time, put up his jean leg and show horrible burn marks. I, being the genius that I was, passed in front of him on my way to a drugstore to buy drugs for my parents. I didn't give him money since I had no loose change and probably as punishment for not giving him "dinero" he cropped up his pant leg to show his me burn marks and decides to chase me for a couple of steps. I walked away as fast as I could since running away from the guy would look stupid. It was horrifying!
You'd think I was being mean. But I noticed later on that when hospital staff members or roving policemen would go near him, he would act as if he were just hanging out casually. This thing was like a gimmick for him! I mean, he was right outside a hospital! Why doesn't he ask for help there! Grrrrr...
And that was just during my first day. Thankfully, the other 2 days weren't as eventful as the first. Tomorrow, its back to the hospital again for me for yet another fun-filled day of my suffering. Yaaaaay!!!
|posted by dyeni @ 10:59 PM
| Aaaaarrrrggggh! Mumu!
| Friday, June 10, 2005
|Ok na sana yung 6-3 shift eh. I know its pretty hard for most people to understand why I love the shift so much but I do. Aside from the fact that there is absolutely no traffic going to work and coming home, I get to mock my dying officemates when I log out at 3pm. I get to roam around the office and bother everyone while the rest of my officemates are still stuck talking to idiots. And I get to rest for at least an hour during work since there are virtually no calls from 6-7am. The downside…waking up at 5AM! And taking what is supposed to be your “lunch” break at 9AM, when the only open place where you could buy food is Mc Donalds. Utang na loob! Purgang purga na ako sa breakfast meals nila noh!
And the ultimate downside…getting a chance to encounter the call center’s resident “casper” Let me explain… I am a pansy (thesaurus: scaredy-cat, wuss, sissy, chicken, coward, fearful, mingming, piklat. For a more detailed explanation of the word “pansy” please watch the movie Madagascar)
This was what I probably looked like when I saw "casper." So please watch the movie Madagascar...Labo.
When we first migrated to the new cards area and “casper” started harassing us, 2 of my officemates witnessed first-hand my pansy-like behavior. Yiii! I could only imagine how idiotic I looked to my officemates, running and screaming when we heard the chairs rolling at what we all knew to be a vacant area.
I still hear the chair-rolling, chair-creaking, faint footsteps (sometimes), and certain other noises that none of us could pinpoint, from time to time but I choose to ignore it. I just crank up my music match and make sure that my player plays continuously. Besides, it was easy to pretend that you didn’t hear anything when there were other people with you. But at times its really hard to ignore, like times that my fellow 6-3 shift-mate is absent and I have to be stuck all alone for an hour. (Damn you! Making me die!)
First time it happened, I had been forewarned the night before, so I came prepared. I brought every single rosary and crucifix I could find from my house and placed everything around my neck and inside my uniform pockets when I went in for work the next day. So, in some weird way, even if I was alone, I didn’t get that scared. I got more scared nung pumasok si Jake nung bandang 6:30 at biglang nag”spooked” na naman sa likuran ko. Grrrrrr…
The second time though just happened this morning… I was unarmed! I never thought there would come a day that I would actually be praying for calls to come in. Every sound I would hear (there were a lot this morning) would literally, make my arm hairs stand on end. Then just when I thought that I’ve reached my breaking point and just when I was on the verge of running to manong guard to beg him to accompany me till someone else comes in, dumating ng maaga yung officemate ko sa kasunod na shift. Pero siyempre halos atakihin ako sa puso when I heard extremely loud footsteps before I realized that it was my officemate kasi halos nakasiksik na yung mukha ko sa loob ng desk ko simula pa ng 6 para wala akong makitang hindi kanais nais…
Pero wag ka! Marami kaming pansy sa call center no! Marami rami na rin kasing nabibiktima si “casper.” Marami ng nakaexperience na masutsutan (ang daming tao pa nun ha) at masampolan na naman ng sari saring “chair tricks” (tama si Clarissa! Sobrang may fixation nga sa upuan si “casper”. Bigyan kaya siya ng sarili niyang upuan para manahimik na siya).
Haaaaay…as if life at our office wasn’t horrible enough. Makiki-epal pa tong si “casper” sa gulo ng buhay namin. Kay saya!
|posted by dyeni @ 11:00 PM
| updates and random rants and raves (from somewhere inside my stunted brain)
| Monday, June 06, 2005
|yes...it is me! i am alive! (jen & mako - finally figured out my username and password after 1 hour of cursing)
well, physically alive anyway. brain is definitely dead. maturity level is close to non-existent. soul is slowly dying. but its all good! made about 10K worth of purchases and that had somehow rekindled what little happiness and satisfaction you can possibly get from a bank job. on the downside...goodbye midyear bonus!
anyway, just came from a 4 day break and it is not enough!
i don't think a 1 one month break would be enough for me or anyone else from cards for that matter.
i'm just so friggin tired!
hmmmm...let me see...
> lost a few pounds (as in yung halata ng mga tao. hindi yung ako lang ang nakakaalam)
> still in the 6-3 workshift (may mumu pa rin, di na lang namin pinapansin. di naman pwede yung araw araw mamamatay ako sa sindak noh!)
> went swimming a couple of times...
actually one time lang pala ako nagswim, yung first outing namin sa puerto azul ayokong lumangoy kasi kala ko dapat naka bathing suit ka lang at bawal ang shorts at shirt. hello! ang tapang ko namang maklalalakad dun na nakaladlad ang lahat ng taba ko sa katawan noh! as if! may dignidad naman ako kahit konti! so, for fun, naligo na lang ako sa shower area at bago nun pala naglaro ako ng mga dikya sa beach at pinanuod ang isang matabang matabang babae na naglalalakad na naka two-piece. (Lord! Give me strength! Sana ako na lang ang nagtwo-piece!)
went to a couple of family outings. siyempre di naman mawawala yun diba.
another time naman, a couple of officemates and i went to this god-forsaken resort from hell. ayun! dun ako nagswimming! kabobohan!
ok! story time!
let me get into the details of the horrors of this place...
1. upon arrival to the gates of hell (aka THE RESORT) - napansin namin lahat na ang surrounding areas niya ay...mga katayan! yes! iba't ibang klaseng katayan! baboy, manok, baka...baka tao na rin. kay ganda ng paligid!
2. the stench of what was supposed to be a fun-filled outing - syempre, kung san may malapit na katayan may "mabangong" umaalingasaw na amoy na nakalipana sa kapaligiran ng resort. imagine, we all chose to stay inside the small, cramped, hot, airconless fx for practically an hour then to suffer the horrible smell!
3. confiscation of liquor - tangna! san ka ba naman nakakita ng ganun! ano toh?! retreat! college retreat nga namin may mga nakalusot pa na joots eh!
4. valenzuela zoo - hindi namin alam na ang pinuntahan pala naming resort ay isang zoo. correct! zoo. at ang sumalubong sa amin (aside from yung mga patay na hayop sa neighboring katayan's ha) ay sari saring mga askal, pusa, palaka, may tumunog na parang ahas (syempre nagtakbuhan na kami noh! ano kami? csi?!) ay! isama na natin sa zoo collection yung malditang caretaker na nagkumpiska ng beer namin
5. when animals attack part 1- hindi na nakuntento ang mga hayop sa pagsalubing sa amin. kelangan pa talaga nilang kami bigyan ng mild stroke. when we all half-settled sa cottage (?!!) na nirentahan namin. four of us (me, migs, tapos sumunod pala sa amin si mitch at si pupuy - yung kapatid ni sasing, ang isa pa naming officemate) decided to explore the environment (at 10pm na nakapatay na ang lahat ng ilaw at halos wala kang makita. grabe, mga henyo talaga kami!). we reached one of the 4 pools, nakalock yung gate ng pool pero since mga henyo nga kami, pinilit namin siyang pasukin. nauna kami ni migs pumasok sa pool area (kasi ang bagal maglakad ni mitch at ni pupuy). while migs and i surveyed the pool area we heard tiny shrieks of terror from behind. paglingon namin, nakita namin si mitch at si pupuy na halos di makakilos sa takot dahil bigla silang sinugod ng 4 na bardagul na askal na sumulubong sa min pagdating namin. biglang pumasok si mitch at si pupuy sa pool area kasama namin ni migs at isinara ang gate. ayun! nakulong kaming apat na parang timang sa loob ng pool area habang kinakahulan kami ng apat na bardagul na askal.
6. when animals attack part 2:spongebob squarepants? gary the snail? istatchu? - i thought that we were stuck at some weird alternative spongebob cartoon universe. why, you might ask? upon entrance to our overnight cottage dun sa "bedroom area" my eyes settled on two old, moldy and dust-infested sponges (isipin niyo si spongebob na nangingitata) and horror of horrors yun pala ang aming magiging kama (take note...sampo kami) as for "gary," sobrang init talaga nung gabing yun so some of us decided to take a bath. pagkalabas ko ng shower area (na walang shower at walang tabo. yaaaaay!) may isang nakabanderang dambuhalang "gary" (aka snail) sa labas ng pintuan. siyempre dahil maarte ako, nandiri ako at nagtititiling tumakbo palayo sa higanteng "gary". migs decided to befriend it and play with it. la kasi siyang ibang pwedeng recreational activity dahil na-confiscate yung beer.
7. macgyver- dahil sa boredom at pagkatigang na rin sa beer, migs and i (well i accompanied him for lack of anything else to do) went to the locked room kung saan tinago ang mga beer and tried anything and everything to remove the lock from the door. as in! itak, kutsarang baluktot na napulot namin sa isang gilid, coins, susi, safety pin na malaki, safety pin na maliit (si migs halos itapon na ang sariling katawan sa pintuan - ayaw talaga bumukas). in the end, despite all the efforts... tigang pa rin...
8. swimming pool na bawal magswimming - no night swimming! kala mo naman sobrang kagandahan yung pool nila! eh nung sinilip naman namin yung pool nung gabi may nakalutang dun na palaka, patay pa ata! tsaka san ka ba naman nakakita ng resort w/ 4 pools tapos bago ka makaswimming you have to pick just 1 specific pool, magpapatatak ka (yung tatak na parang star na sinastamp sa tin nung teacher natin nung pre-school tayo pag may maganda tayong ginawa ha) tapos depende sa number na itatatak sa yo (kunwari # 1) dun ka lang pwede sa pool number 1. eh pag nabasa naman yung stamp la pang 1 second natatanggal na siya!
Haaaay... thus the end of what can only be described as "the outing from hell." Buti na lang all the peeps i was with medyo lokoloko kaya we all found the whole experience pretty funny. tsaka in fairness and sarap ng pagkain ha! (Hail Susan! Reyna ng masasarap na pagkain!)And then, we all lived miserably ever after. Back to the call center ulit kasi eh...
> awa ng diyos non existent love life pa rin
> no promotion or change in job position of any kind
> more calls therefore more irate callers
(sigh!) oh what a wonderful life...
Til next post... siguro mga 2 years from now naman. abangan niyo na lang. baboo!
|posted by dyeni @ 8:03 PM